To our esteemed Keren Esther,
Rabbi Eli transmitted to me your very generous contribution and sum of Tsedaka. I want to thank you for your kindness and above all for your generosity and your sensitivity to the family of my late brother Levi of blessed memory (who died last week leaving a woman and four young children) and To my brothers and sisters. As you can imagine, it is a very difficult time for us and it is like a breath of fresh air to notice that another understands and participates.
My dear brother Levi had many qualities, one of them was that he was always positive, happy; He looked at the luminous side. While the world now seems so dark, you help us see the good that exists in the world around us.
Once again thank you for your generosity and the lesson you have given our family.Testimony of Rabbi Shaya, 11 December 2016
I briefly describe my situation:
1. Around Chanukah 2012, I was discovered that I contracted Colon cancer. They immediately operated on me and removed the tumor.PLEASE HELP! Bring them the light of Chanukah (tragic situation)!, 11 December 2016
2. After a wile, I was told that the area under cultivation (ie what it was cut from what affected the rest of the intestine) was also infected, and there is a large Anxiety that the disease is progressing, to G-d forbid.
3. After a series of tests at Tel Hashomer Hospital in Israel, it was decided to carry out a minor surgery to remove the rest of the tumor.
4. Shortly before the intervention they injected an ink jet into the intestines to mark the place of the intervention in the future. Something went wrong and at that time an enormous and very rare infection was triggered in the intestine which required prolonged hospitalization just before Pesach.
5. After Pesach the test showed that the intestines closed because of the rare infection inside and there is a great concern about a total hermetic closure! Another thing that required hospitalization to try several times to widen the intestines. One thing that was worth only a few minutes.
6. Doctors in Israel did not know what it was that infection, how it happened, whether it was just an infection or even the disease that broke out violently because of the inking. They just wanted to operate to see and analyze.
7. We met with Mr. Firer and his team that they recommended testing and treatment in Florida at the ‘Cleveland Clinic’ Hospital, where there is a world-renowned surgeon specializing in this specific area. Shortly after we arrived in Florida.
8. After a series of thorough checks in 2 hospitals here: a ‘Cleveland Clinic’ and a ‘Sylvester Miami University’, it was established that the tumor was developed, and reached T3 level 2 status.
9. This is why it was decided to series of chemotherapy and advanced radiotherapy, to try to reduce the tumor.
10. For fear of a total blockage of the intestine I needed additional treatment, it is the introduction of ‘Sten’ in the intestine to prevent total closure during treatments.
11. In full chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatment, I caught a severe oesophagitis infection, requiring additional hospitalization for more than a week.
12. 12 weeks after the end of treatments and rays (which left a lot of damage in the body) the operation was conducted by Professor Wexsner at the hospital ‘Cleveland Clinic’.
13. The surgical lasted more than 6 hours due to the complications created by infection, disease and radiation. A great effort was made by the surgeon to thoroughly clean the infection and the rest.
14. After the surgical and hospitalization of the week, serious problems arose due to the complications of the surgery. Unfortunately, these problems still require daily treatment.
15. After anatomo-pathological examination, it was decided that there was no need for another chemotherapy session because now everything is clean. Thank G-d. But other problems require treatment.
16. They are currently working on two things: A. Serious medical complications created by the operation and disease. B. In 2 and a half months it will be necessary to undergo a new surgical procedure to restore the activity of the intestine, because now the large intestines are inactive.
17. Hopefully, in 3 or 4 months will end the treatments and we will return to Israel.
18. Meanwhile the costs and expenses here are very very high: 6 of my children are in Israel and scattered among families. And 3 of my children are with us. We have to live in two places both here and in Israel. And all this without pay for months.
19. Another thing: the health insurance costs because of the situation here are $ 2100 per month for me only. We will have to continue the insurance at least another year to see that all is well I hope. So the cost is huge, just for that (12×2100$).
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your help you have already sent and you will continue to help us hoping for good and happy things.